Project Title: Tuning – America Latina
Coordinating institution: University of Deusto
Dates: 1 October 2004 – 30 March 2007
Participant countries: Argentine, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Venezuela; as well as France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, UK, Netherlands & Spain
Subject areas included in the project: Business Administration, Education, History, Mathematics
1) Contributing to the development of easily comparable and comprehensible qualifications in a linked-up way throughout the whole of Latin America.
2) Encouraging, on a Latin American level, a significant level of convergence in higher education in the subject areas according to the definitions accepted due to professional and teaching results.
3) Developing professional profiles in terms of generic competences and those related to each subject area including expertise, knowledge, and content for the four subject areas included in the project.
4) Facilitating transparency of educational structures, and encouraging innovation through the communication of new experiences and the identification of best practice.
5) Creating networks that are able to present examples of efficient practices, stimulating innovation and quality through reflection, and mutual exchange.
6) Developing and exchanging information relative to curricula development in the chosen subject areas, and creating a model curricular structure significant for its points of reference for each subject, promoting recognition of qualifications, and Latin American integration.
7) Creating links between universities and other appropriate and qualified bodies, so as to produce convergence in the areas of the chosen disciplines.
Project website: http://tuning.unideusto.org/tuningal/ (a common website for Tuning Latin America I & Tuning Latin America II projects)
Outcomes in terms of documents and publications:
A. Associated with Tuning Latin America I exclusively
|Tuning Latin America I 1st General Meeting Documents can be downloaded here||Tuning Latin America I 2nd General Meeting Documents can be downloaded here|
B. Common for Tuning Latin America I and Tuning Latin America II
|Tuning Latin America I 3rd General Meeting and Tuning Latin America II 1st General Meeting Documents can be downloaded here||Tuning Latin America I 4th General Meeting and Tuning Latin America II 2nd General Meeting Documents can be downloaded here|
|Tuning Latin America I 5th General Meeting and Tuning Latin America II 3rd General Meeting Documents can be downloaded here||Reflections on and outlook for Higher Education in Latin America
English - Spanish - Portuguese
To find out more about this project, check the Tuning Research section of the website or contact us directly.