List of Subject-Specific Competences
1. Ability to apply knowledge of the basic sciences and sciences of civil engineering.
2. Ability to identify, evaluate and implement the most appropriate technologies for the context in hand.
3. Capacity to create, innovate and undertake to contribute to technological development.
4. Capacity to conceive, analyse, calculate and design civil engineering works.
5. Skill in planning and programming civil engineering works and services.
6. Capacity to build, supervise, inspect and evaluate civil engineering works.
7. Capacity to operate, maintain and rehabilitate civil engineering works.
8. Skill in evaluating the environmental and social impact of civil works.
9. Capacity to model and simulate civil engineering systems and processes.
10. Capacity to direct and lead human resources.
11. Skill in administering material resources, teams and equipment.
12. Capacity to understand and associate legal, economic and financial concepts in decision-making, project management and civil engineering works.
13. Capacity for spatial abstraction and graphic representation.
14. Capacity to propose solutions that will contribute to sustainable development.
15. Skill in preventing and evaluating accidents and risks in civil engineering works.
16. Skill in handling and interpreting field information.
17. Skill in using information technologies, software and tools for civil engineering.
18. Capacity to interact with multidisciplinary groups and come up with integral civil engineering solutions.
19. Skill in employing quality control techniques in managing civil engineering materials and services.