1. Knowledge and understanding of the subject area and understanding of the profession.
2. Ability to evaluate and maintain the quality of work produced (focus on quality).
3. Ability to identify, pose and resolve problems.
4. Determination and perseverance in the tasks given and responsibilities taken.
5. Ability to communicate in a second language.
6. Interpersonal and interaction skills.
7. Ability to make reasoned decisions.
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in native language.
9. Ability to work autonomously.
10. Skills in the use of information and communication technologies.
11. Ability to adapt to new situations.
12. Ability to apply knowledge in practical situations.
13. Capacity to generate new ideas (creativity).
14. Ability to be critical and self-critical.
15. Ability to plan and manage time.
16. Capacity to learn and stay up-to-date with learning.
17. Ability to work in a team.
18. Ability to act on the basis of ethical reasoning (commitment to ethics).
19. Ability to communicate with non-experts of one‘s field.
20. Ability for abstract thinking, analysis and synthesis.
21. Ability to undertake research at an appropriate level.
22. Ability to motivate people and move toward common goals.
23. Ability to act with social responsibility and civic awareness.
24. Appreciation of and respect for diversity and multiculturalism.
25. Ability to show awareness of equal opportunities and gender issues.
26. Ability to design and manage projects.
27. Ability to work in an international context.
28. Commitment to safety.
29. Spirit of enterprise, ability to take initiative.
30. Commitment to the conservation of the environment.
31. Ability to search for, process and analyse information from a variety of sources.
*** [Different lists can be found in other project publications (e.g. pp. 11-13 of http://www4066.vu.lt/Files/File/06_Chemistry_guidelines.pdf and pp. 39-40 of http://www4066.vu.lt/Files/File/10_Music_guidelines.pdf) reflect the generic competences selected after the consultation by each Subject Area Group for their particular area. Please also note that other Guides [e.g. http://www4066.vu.lt/Files/File/08_Informatics_guidelines.pdf] contains slightly different English-langlauge translations of the competences, but these are clearly the same ones.]