List of Subject-Specific Competences
1. Have the Knowledge and understanding of Agricultural production, and basic sciences.
2. Should be able to identify problems and apply knowledge to solving day to day agricultural challenges.
3. Ability to evaluate and manage agricultural projects, as well as carry out financial appraisals.
4. Should possess entrepreneurial and creative skills.
5. Should be able to design, plan and implement agricultural research.
6. Should be able to do business in any part of the world.
7. Ability to understand, and adapt to new and emerging technologies in Agriculture, including ICT.
8. Ability to implement sustainable practices and technologies for the management of natural resources.
9. Have ability for independent thinking and be able to work with minimal supervision in the area of agriculture.
10. Ability to adapt and transfer technology, as well as be able to create new technologies.
11. Ability to know, advice and implement agricultural policies, and regulations.
12. To make sustainable use of water and other natural resources for agricultural use.
13. Ability to understand and work within the organization, business and community management of the rural sector.
14. Ability to identify pests, pathogens, and weeds associated with crops, animals and their products.
15. Ability to improve quality and safety along the agricultural value chains.
16. Ability to select and manage machinery, implements and equipment for agricultural use in different farming systems.