Project title: European Computing Education and Training [Thematic Network]
Coordinating institution: University of Rousse
Dates: 1 October 2001 – 30 September 2002; 1 October 2002 – 30 September 2003; 1 October 2003 – 30 September 2004
Participant countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UK
Subject area(s): Computing Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems
1) Establishing a model Virtual European Department of Computing (VEDoC )
- Creation of Virtual Recommended Professional Standards in Computing
- Creation of Virtual Recommended Curricula and Syllabi in Computing
- Creation of WEB based Courses in Computing
- Creation of a Virtual Library in Computing
- Development and use of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and the System for Quality Control (SQC).
2) Establishing an European Computer Education Association (ECEA )
Project website: http://ecet.ecs.ru.acad.bg/ecet/index.php
Outcomes in terms of documents and publications:
|Publications detailing Professional Standards (enumerating relevant Common Skills, Practical Skills, Additional Skills, and Body of Knowledge components for each field), Curricula and Syllabi for Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering and Information Systems can be found here [Not directly related to Tuning Computer education, but to Computer education at tertiary level in general]|
To find out more about how this project used the Tuning methodology, check the Tuning Research section of the website or contact us directly.