List of Subject-Specific Competences
1. Ability to critically analyze educational theories and issues of policy in a systematic way.
2. Ability to identify potential connections between aspects of educational theory and educational policies and contexts.
3. Ability to understand and apply educational theories and methodology as a basis for general and specific teaching activities.
4. Ability to provide education in values, citizenship and democracy and reflect on one’s own value system.
5. Ability to recognize and respond to the diversity of learners and the complexities of the learning process.
6. Awareness of the different contexts in which learning can take place.
7. Awareness of the different roles of participants in the learning process.
8. Understanding of the structures and purposes of educational systems.
9. Ability to do educational research in different contexts.
10. Ability to consult in various educational issues and counseling skills (psychological counseling, counseling learners and parents).
11. Ability to manage educational/developmental projects.
12. Ability to manage and evaluate educational programs, activities and materials.
13. Ability to understand trends in education and be able to recognize the potential implications.
14. Ability to lead or coordinate multidisciplinary educational team.
15. Ability to understand processes of development and change in the community.
16. Commitment to learners’ progress and achievement.
17. Competence in a number of teaching and learning strategies.
18. Knowledge of the subject/subjects to be taught.
19. Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals.
20. Ability to create a climate conducive to learning.
21. Ability to make use of e-learning and to integrate it into the learning environments.
22. Ability to improve the teaching and learning environment.
23. Ability to adjust the curriculum and educational materials to a specific educational context.
24. Ability to design and implement varied strategies to evaluate learning based on specific criteria.
25. Ability to design and implement education which integrates people with specific needs.