Project title: European Network of Heads of Schools of Architecture [Thematic Network]
Coordinating institution: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Dates: 2002 – Present
Participant countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, USA
Subject area(s): Architecture (Architectural Design; Construction; Urban Design; History and Theory of Architecture; Conservation; Environment)
1) Generate, elaborate and disseminate proposals regarding strategies for the academic development of the European Higher Architecture Education Area;
2) Contribute to the development of a quality culture in Schools of Architecture in Europe;
3) Support the mobility from bachelor to master as tool for quality and excellence;
4) Enhance graduates’ employment prospects by intensifying the dialogue between Schools of Architecture and professional bodies in order to inspire action toward the formulation of an educational agenda for the lifelong learning of graduates;
5) Monitor Doctoral education in Architecture in order to ensure positive outcomes from research and innovation.
Project website: http://www.enhsa.net/
Outcomes in terms of documents and publications:
|Towards a competence-based architectural education: Tuning architectural education structures in Europe (November 2007)||C. Spiridonidis – M. Voyatzaki: New Directive – New Directions : What is the Academic direction of our schools in this new context? EAAE Transactions on Architectural Education Volume 36, ISBN 2-930301-33-3, 2008 pp. 55-78|
To find out more about how this project used the Tuning methodology, check the Tuning Research section of the website or contact us directly.