List of Subject-Specific Competences
1. Mastery of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation of the first foreign language at C 1 (BA) and C 2 (MA) level.
2. Mastery of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation of the second foreign language at C 1 level.
3. Ability to use the knowledge of the history, geography, contemporary social and cultural issues of the country/ies where the foreign language/languages are spoken.
4. Understanding of the main stages of the development of literature in the country/ies where the foreign language/languages are spoken, ability to analyse literary texts.
5. Ability to use the foreign language/languages for the effective oral and written communication.
6. Ability to create texts in the foreign language, both orally and in writing, in accordance with the needs of the situation.
7. Ability to use socio-cultural knowledge about the countries where the foreign language/languages are spoken for the effective communication and information processing in the foreign language/ies.
8. Understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of language use, including phonetic, lexical, grammatical (BA) and discoursal (MA) aspects of language and speech.
9. Understanding of the main stages in the development of the foreign language.
10. Ability to contrast and compare the aspects of the foreign and native languages.
11. Ability to use the knowledge of the methodology of teaching foreign languages in the practice of teaching.
12. Ability to use the knowledge of the developmental psychology and of the process of language acquisition in the practice of teaching foreign languages.
13. Ability to use the knowledge in the theory of education for the effective organization of the process of teaching foreign languages.
14. Ability to teach literature and culture of the countries where the foreign language is spoken (MA).
15. Ability to analyze the cultural differences and teach in a multi-cultural environment.
16. Ability to use the knowledge of the non-verbal communication and the models of behaviour characteristic of the foreign language environment in communicating in the foreign language and in teaching it (MA).
17. Ability to use foreign languages for the purposes of professional development.
18. Ability to use the methodology of linguistic and philological analysis in working on the individual research project (MA).