1. Ability for abstract thinking, analysis and synthesis.
2. Ability to apply knowledge in practical situations.
3. Ability to plan and manage time.
4. Knowledge and understanding of the subject area and understanding of the profession.
5. Ability to communicate both orally and through the written word in native language.
6. Ability to communicate in a second language.
7. Skills in the use of information and communications technologies.
8. Ability to undertake research at an appropriate level.
9. Capacity to learn and stay up-to-date with learning.
10. Ability to search for, process and analyse information from a variety of sources.
11. Ability to be critical and self-critical.
12. Ability to adapt to and act in new situations.
13. Capacity to generate new ideas (creativity).
14. Ability to identify, pose and resolve problems.
15. Ability to make reasoned decisions.
16. Ability to work in a team.
17. Interpersonal and interaction skills.
18. Ability to motivate people and move toward common goals.
19. Ability to communicate with non-experts of one’s field.
20. Appreciation of and respect for diversity and multiculturality.
21. Ability to work in an international context.
22. Ability to work autonomously.
23. Ability to design and manage projects.
24. Commitment to safety.
25. Spirit of enterprise, ability to take initiative.
26. Ability to act on the basis of ethical reasoning.
27. Ability to evaluate and maintain the quality of work produced.
28. Determination and perseverance in the tasks given and responsibilities taken.
29. Commitment to the conservation of the environment.
30. Ability to act with social responsibility and civic awareness.
31. Ability to show awareness of equal opportunities and gender issues.