List of Subject-Specific Competences
First cycle (Bachelor’s degree)
1. Understanding of the place of history in society and in the system of humanistic knowledge.
2. Knowledge of chronological structure as well as the events of world and local history.
3. Knowledge of the general diachronic framework of the past.
4. Knowledge of world and local cultures’ evolution.
5. Awareness of the issues and themes of historiography.
6. Awareness of contemporary theoretical approaches to the study of world and local history.
7. Understanding of the relationship (connection) between current events and processes and the past.
8. Understanding of the relationship (connection) between current processes and interpretation of the past.
9. Knowledge and understanding of history’s contemporary problems.
10. Knowledge of the present day system of historical studies.
11. Knowledge of the theory and history of the study of documentary sources, awareness of principles of interpreting the past through historical documents, awareness of sources and methods of auxiliary historical disciplines.
12. Awareness of interdisciplinary synthesis and ability to use tools of other human sciences for studying the world and local historical processes.
13. Detailed knowledge of history of one of the periods or one of issues of a certain country or a certain region.
14. Knowledge of topics and problems of historical studies.
15. Knowledge of world and local systems of storing and preserving of historical and cultural artifacts and historical documents (archives, libraries, museums).
16. Professional skills of reading historical documents.
17. Orientation in the sphere of published historical sources.
18. Ability to evaluate the quality of publication of historical sources.
19. Awareness and ability to use tools of supplementary historical disciplines.
20. Knowledge of methods of preparing historical documents for publication.
21. Ability to perform profound work with the help of different methods from human and historical sciences in chosen segment of historical studies.
22. Ability to logically present complex historical research results.
23. Knowledge of didactics of history.
24. Ability to organize complex historical information in coherent form.
25. Ability to use critically the methods of present day human science in individual research, social or professional activity.
26. Ability to systematize historical information.
27. Ability to give narrative form to research results according to the canons of historical discipline.
28. Ability to plan, organize and carry out fundamental and applied research and activities using present day technologies.
29. Ability to present results according to the accepted standard of the discipline.
Second cycle (Master’s degree):
1. Free use of fundamental historical knowledge necessary for solving research problems and achieving applied tasks.
2. Awareness of present day condition of historical knowledge, system of methodological principles and methods of historical research.
3. Profound understanding of historiographical issues and debate.
4. Knowledge of up-to-date methods and approaches of different branches of historical research.
5. Understanding of the place of history in contemporary humanistic knowledge.
6. Understanding of connections between history and other human sciences.
7. Ability to foster interdisciplinary interaction and cooperation with representatives of other sciences in solving research problems and accomplishing professional tasks achieving applied tasks.
8. Ability to formulate and solve innovative concrete research and applied tasks and problems.
9. Ability to evaluate critically one’s own scholarly and applied activities.
10. Ability to prepare and conduct research as appropriate to the Master’s level.
11. Skills for organizing and conducting seminars and conferences.
12. Ability to communicate orally in native and foreign languages in a scientific context.
13. Ability to use up-to-date software in research work.
14. Knowledge of methods of preparing and editing of scientific publications.
15. Ability to define research topics suitable to contribute to contemporary historiography.