Project title: European Education in Geodetic Engineering, Cartography and Surveying Thematic Network [Thematic Network]
Coordinating institution: Universidad Politecnica de Valencia
Dates: 1 October 2004 – 1 October 2005
Participant countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UK
Subject area(s): Geodetic Engineering, Cartography, Surveying
1) Improve quality in education; enhance its European dimension;
2) Foster cooperation, dialogue; exchange of information and experience between educational institutions and other sectors of society;
3) Increase mobility, transparency and credit recognition (Diploma Supplement; recognition for teachers);
4) Adopt an easily comprehensible and comparable degree system (ECTS);
5) Pursue the adoption of a two-tier degree; stimulate the establishment of a single quality accreditation system based on unified criteria;
6) Promote a knowledge-based society (lifelong learning, ICT in learning and teaching);
7) Increase the attractiveness of the European Area of Higher Education in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying; move towards the adoption of a common frame of reference for degrees
Project website: http://eegecs.webs.upv.es/main.asp.
To find out more about how this project used the Tuning methodology, check the Tuning Research section of the website or contact us directly.